This is an easy bake and for a novice like me, it’s really not that difficult to make!
I cannot remember where I got this recipe from, and I knew that I did some modification to the original recipe. It turn out pretty well and even the kids love them!
I used Dilmah tea bags as that’s what available for me at the time I went to supermarket. You can use other preferred brands.
Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Author: Adapted from somewhere which I forgot where
Recipe type: Cookies
- 250g unsalted butter
- 70g castor sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g cake flour
- 3 earl grey teabags
- Soften butter under room temperature.
- Place soften butter, castor sugar and brown sugar together and beat until it is creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence, and mix well.
- Sift cake flour and baking powder into the mixture, mix well.
- Cut open the teabags and pour the tea leaves into the mixture, mix well. (If the tea leaves are coarse, please cut them finely first)
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven at 170 Degree Celsius.
- Cut the tip of the piping bag (disposable), pipe the mixture on the baking tray. About 1.5 round for each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
Let the cookies cool down before storing them in a air-tight container. Enjoy! 🙂